Managing Challenging Interactions
This workshop is designed for frontline workers including but not limited to retail, call centre, collections, customer services, complaints handling and escalations staff, case managers or anyone exposed to challenging interactions in the workplace.
This training aims to provide participants with practical skills and knowledge to deal with people who may present with challenging, abusive or aggressive behaviour. Participants will be provided with the communication skills and processes to support challenging interactions and learn to use objective, measured approaches to alleviate distress while building their own coping skills and resilience.
This workshop is also relevant for Team Leaders managing these teams.
Corporate Training Delivery Interactive Facilitator-led session (virtually or face to face) Intended for 12-20 participants max.
Total Course Duration 4 hours
- Structure Facilitator led Outcome
- What background factors may be causing distress Communication skills and grounding techniques to assist challenging and/or emotional conversations
- Strategies for dealing with Anger
- What to do if customers/colleagues are at risk of suicide
- Self-care strategies to use during and after difficult calls.