Talking About Mental Health
Monday 29 August 2022 | 4.00pm - 7.30pm
Lifeline WA present the Talking About Mental Health workshop for the local community of Esperance. Proudly Supported by West Australian Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) and the Shire of Esperance.
Talking about mental health and illness is important. It can help us to better
recognise early warning signs, understand how mental illness can affect a person’s
life, and have a go-to library of appropriate supports when they’re needed.
What to expect:
An interactive exploration of mental health and mental illness.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Differentiate facts from myths
- Match mental illness terms with accurate descriptions and common symptoms
- Recognise the impact of stigma
- Use non-stigmatising language when talking about mental illness
- Identify a range of appropriate supports available
We will also share how Lifeline and other supports can help if a person is concerned that someone they know may be thinking about suicide.