Without philanthropic support from people and organisations in the community, Lifeline WA would not be able to help those at risk of suicide.
At the moment, Lifeline WA simply can’t answer enough calls for help. Lifeline WA has a clear operational strategy to build the capacity of the organisation to achieve this, however, require significant investment to effectively train, manage and deploy a large pool of volunteer Telephone Crisis Supporters to answer every call.
It costs $4,000 to support the training and development of a new Telephone Crisis Support Volunteer. If an organisation chooses to support Lifeline WA in this way, it will directly assist us in answering every Western Australian call and will ultimately help us save more lives.
Lifeline WA’s vision is for a community free of suicide. You and your organisation can help us achieve this vision. Lifeline WA needs the support of like-minded organisations to join us at the front line of suicide prevention and in turn hope to help your organisation address.
A partnership can:
- Promote a workplace culture that is inclusive, destigmatises mental health problems, and encourages help-seeking.
- Empower employees, partners, and customers to be suicide-safe through advocacy, education, and provide important opportunities for connection.
- Provide suicide prevention strategies which include staff training, research, media influence, and postvention action plans.
- Protect vulnerable audiences by providing frontline worker training for key staff in key industries i.e. banking and finance, utilities, security, aged care, construction, insurance etc.
- Deliver important prevention and intervention services to the most vulnerable in our community.
- Fund and develop initiatives that will bolster the long-term social and emotional wellbeing of people by supporting them to recognise, strengthen, and develop their community connections.
If you are interested in finding out more about corporate partnerships, please email our Fundraising Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 9261 4444.