Mental Health Awareness
Duration: 1.5 hours
Delivery: Face to face or Virtual
Talking about mental health and illness is important. It can help us to better recognise early warning signs, understand how mental illness can affect a person’s life, and have a go-to library of appropriate supports when they’re needed.
What to expect: An interactive exploration of mental health and mental illness. By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Differentiate facts from myths
- Match mental illness terms with accurate descriptions and common symptoms
- Recognise the impact of stigma
- Use non-stigmatising language when talking about mental illness
- Identify a range of appropriate supports available
We will also share how Lifeline and other supports can help if a person is concerned that someone they know may be thinking about suicide.
To book a course or make an enquire about any training with Lifeline WA please complete the enquiry form, we will get back to you within 48 hours.
For general enquiries, please contact - firstname.lastname@example.org