Lifeline WA have trainers accredited to deliver this LivingWorks product, which has been continually updated to reflect new knowledge for over 35 years.
Trusted by professionals yet learnable by anyone, LivingWorks Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is the only workshop of its kind. The workshop features powerful audiovisuals, discussions, and simulations.
At a LivingWorks ASIST workshop, you'll learn how to prevent suicide by recognizing signs, providing a skilled intervention, and developing a safety plan to keep someone alive.
Two knowledgeable, supportive trainers will guide you through the course, ensuring your comfort and safety.
For this course, there is a recommended minimum of 12 people and a maximum of 30.
It is intended that ASIST participants will be better prepared to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes impact being a helper
- Provide suicide first-aid to a person having thoughts of suicide
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Apply skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide
- Recognise that suicide prevention is broader than suicide first-aid and includes integrated resources and self-care.
To book a course or make an enquiry about any training with Lifeline WA please click the enquiry form button and complete the prompts, we will get back to you within 48 hours. For general enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org